Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Felt Gingerbread House

Finally, it's finished! Why I decide to take on a big felt challenge is beyond me. I think it's a great idea until I find myself living in a house full of coloured felt bits and pieces everywhere. Thankfully I have a new craft station which is the best thing and can be locked up when I am not using it, which will be great when gasp, Ruby starts walking. I have made it so I can remove the lid and put all my Christmas decorations in it when the festive season is over. I have cheated and I haven't done the back, you cant see it and it would have taken too long. Well I hope you like it.





I think that will be it now for Christmas. I might make some more puddings, oh and I have to make some cards but then that's it. Actually I am making Ruby a Christmas dress for Christmas day, but then that's it and on with other things in a new year.
My new years resolution is to finally do a craft stall and open an Etsy account, so look out for it, but lets get the rest of this year out of the way for now.
Merry Christmas and a safe new year to all.
Em xxx



5 comments:

  1. This is incredible Emma. You're amazingly creative and if you have a stall, post when and I'll be there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just found your blog and LOVE your felt gingerbread house. I am wondering if you have a pattern? Or tips on how to make it so sturdy? Anything would be appreciated! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks the house took me lots of fidley hours, but worth it. I dont have a pattern, basically I cut the house out of cardboard. Then I used double sided tape and covered each section of the house in the brown felt. I then did blanket stitching in white to join it together. The roof comes off and that took me longer as I hand stitched all the white and coloured circles on the top.
      Then it is a matter of making felt sweets and treats and I glued them on to make life easier.
      Hope this helped, have fun with it. (I store my decorations in it when it isn't the festive season.) Emma x

      Delete
  3. That totally helps! Thanks! You store all your decorations in it?!? It must be huge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, no just my smaller decorations. it isn't that big.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...