Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year

Well I hoped everyone had a great new year! I didn't do much due to baby but that's ok, I always think that's its a bit of a let down because you think you are meant to have fun because you are bringing a new year in and I find it is too much pressure. So we drank Champagne and watched the Gosford 9pm fireworks from Ruby's room. (Living life on the edge)

But a new year brings resolutions, mine is to pull my finger out and do a craft stall and maybe start selling my creations on "Made it" or "Etsy", and maybe not get pregnant! Another one, but it more of a necessity is to get Ruby to drink from a bottle. It is not as easy as it seems, but I am trying every day. I really want her to as we have some gigs coming up and we want to slowly get some of us time back. We have Sufjan Stevens this month at t he Opera House, and then Laneway at the beginning of next month. So you could see why I am wanting her to like the bottle, also i have my Bridesmaid dress and it not breast feeding friendly, let me tell you.

Here are a couple of my new little projects.


This is a name cloud in Ruby's Room with some little owls living in the clouds. Her room is almost all hand made which I love.

These are my Russian dolls I have been working on for a little while. I made one first for Ruby and then began to make more when I got my own sewing machine. I am working on more to sell with some more colours and patterns.

I make a lot of strawberries with felt and thought I would give it a go with material. I think it worked well and I am working on making some other food stuffs with material and not just felt.
I am working on more nappy Purses and some other little ideas I have had to build up a supply to sell. So keep on sewing I will try, and I hope others have made some hand made new years resolutions.
Em xx



2 comments:

  1. Ruby's name cloud is just soooo sweet, she will love growing up with all these quirky lil things and all handmade with love by her Mum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing, I love it. Lovely blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...