Sunday, August 21, 2011

Saturday Afternoon in

We had a nice Saturday afternoon in after the 12 month injection horror for Ruby in the morning. We all retreated to the nook, I finished my sewing project my man sat and spent time writing his novel and Ruby destroyed the surrounding area. So it was fun for everyone all round. I finished making my scrap cushion from the Handmade Beginnings book. I used all my green materials and got rid of heaps of my scraps. I think I might make a smaller one using my red collection of fabrics.
 I love it as it is a bigger size and nice to lie on whilst on the couch.
 I quite like the back of it too.
 I made Ruby her own plastic purse complete with cards inside to amuse her. She is obsessed with mine so now she has her own. I slipped some red buttons between the plastic and material and little wooden lady birds, you may recognise the material.
 For dinner we had Calzone's, I have never made pizza dough and it worked well. They were filled with spicy sausages and tomato and cheeses, and they tasted goooood.
On Sunday morning my friend and I went to the handmade market at Erina High. I left Rubes at home which was a great idea as it was rammed. I didn't buy anything only as I have already made most of the things there for Ruby. But it was good to see what other people are making, and I really need to sign up for the next markets. I bought a cookies and cream cupcake, it tasted as good as it looks.
How was your weekend?
Em xx

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your cushion. I've been thinking of doing that cushion for awhile now, and I think I may just have to do it. The other projects from the book came together really well. I made calzone some time ago and we all loved it. Calzone always reminds me of that Seinfeld episode. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...