Saturday, August 6, 2011

Woodland themed party

I am just relaxing after a busy afternoon, so I thought I would post some pictures of Ruby's 1st Birthday Party which we had today. As I mentioned previously, I did a woodland themed party, and I made a candy table. I was very happy with how it all turned out. It has a Alice in wonderland feel to it also. I used all my old plates and tea cups and everyone used old miss matched saucers to eat off. We had some of my close friends and family and had a lovely time, Ruby isn't 1 till Tuesday and we are going to have another little family dinner party.
 Here is a full shot of the table, I used my new buffet as it was the perfect size.
 I made some bunting using some old picture books which I picked up a while ago for 20c. I cut them into triangles and sewed them onto some bias binding I made. I then sewed her name on with some felt.
 Here is her cake, I am so happy with how it turned out. I made some green coconut for grass and painted my little mushrooms I made. I made a tree stump with a cupcake with flake for bark. I bought some little woodland creatures and finished it off with some bunting.
 I made some little mushroom cupcakes, some marshmallow pops with white chocolate and hundreds and thousands, white chocolate strawberries and some marshmallows with some white chocolate green coconut and a little mushroom sweet on top.
 Here are some strawberries and some field mushrooms made with marshmallows and chocolate powder.
 I made some cake pops with chocolate centers and white chocolate outside and green sprinkles. I am getting better at them and was very happy with how they turned out, they also went very fast. I also put some caramel popcorn into some cup cake cases. And some coloured meringue's in a glass jar.
 And in the tea cups I put some raspberries and mushroom sweets.
 Here are the marshmallow pops, mushroom cupcakes and little marshmallows with mushrooms.
Here is the Birthday girl, the dress she is wearing is my old dress. I love it, just think that was me 32 years ago.
Happy Birthday Ruby xxx
Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...