Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Wreath Tutorials

I am starting the festive season with some tutorial's. First off little Christmas wreaths, to put on the tree or hang where ever you like. They are all made from different materials and have different levels of difficulty. You could make them with kids, and the materials don't cost much.
Maybe you might like to make some. Please enjoy x

Sweet Felt Wreath
You will need...

I just made a circle by tracing my mug, and maybe an egg cup size in the middle. Trace onto the felt, pin them together and cut out. First stitch the inside of the circle then the outside. Whilst stitching around the outside I put in the stuffing as I went.
At the end put in a small length of ribbon folded over and then stitch it in place, then you have finished the wreath. Now to decorate it.
I cut 2 lengths of felt about 1cm width, place one on the other then roll it up. Then stitch the end up, I also did one stitch through the whole sweet to keep it together.
One sweet done, for the purple sweet I cut out 2 circles the size of a 10c piece and stitched a heart and  "I love you" on it. Then I put the other circle behind it and stitched them together.
For the last sweet I simply cut out a small rectangle. I then rolled it up tightly and wrapped some thread around the outside and tied it off, done.
For the bow I cut out a big rectangle and a smaller one. Fold the big one so the ends meet in the middle.
Then fold the sides in and wrapping the smaller bit around the middle. You can either glue it or stitch it together to form the bow. (A bigger rectangle will make a bigger bow, play around with the sizes until you find a size that works)
 Now add some ribbon and glue your sweets on, Done. You can get creative with the sweets or even make Holly and Ivy.

Crochet Wreath
You will need...
Let me say first, this is not my design for the wreath shape. You may notice it from some rattles I made here, the book I got it from is called "Amigurumi Two". If you like to crochet this book is for you, it has very cute patterns and is easy to understand. With that said, here is the pattern.
I used a 3.0mm hook
Loosely ch 45.
R1: Join the first and last sts with sl st to form a ring, being careful not to twist sts, and sc 45
R2-11: sc 45
Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing. Fold piece and sew edges together to form a donut shape, stuffing as you go.
Done
For this one I chained 50 and tied off. I then thread the ends in and tied it into a bow. I used ric rac at the top, cute.
I made 2 as I enjoyed crocheting, for this one I simply cut out some leaf shapes and sewed on some red buttons. I then Sewed on some red twine at the top.

Pom Pom Wreath
You will need...

 This is so easy and great for kids. I used florist wire I bought at a cheapo shop for $2. It can be a little hard to thread the pom poms onto the wire but some go one real easy. When all on, twist the wire together to join it into a ring. Tie some ribbon on and make a bow like on the felt one, too easy. This can be a no sew wreath and I think it maybe my favourite one.
I hope you enjoyed this and understood it OK. I think handmade Christmas decorations are more special (and cheaper). Stay tuned for more
 Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...