Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretty Cheap Top

Yesterday whilst Ruby was sleeping I decided to finally make this top. I saw it a little while ago on the Blog Cotton&Curls. I picked up the material for $5 a meter on sale at Spotlight and it has been waiting for me to make it into a nice summery top. 
I changed the design a bit, I made the arm holes wider and also not as long.

But I felt it needed something as I felt like I was wearing my sisters scrubs. So I added an old doily to make it a bit prettier. I used an oval one I had, I cut out some of the middle and used the outsides of the rest of it to go around the whole neckline.
 
All in all I am quite happy with it and will have to wear it over Christmas. I might make a singlet one with the left over material. And for the low cost of about $5 in total, I am very pleased with it.
Have a great weekend
Em xx

2 comments:

  1. I like your version better Emma. I might give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the doily collar. Love that shade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...