Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Things for Ruby

I went to one of my local op shops on Monday and found a toy bassinet for $3 and a small side table for $5. I was thrilled, the bassinet was in the basket box I had to do some maneuvering to get to it but I am glad I did. When home after a good scrub I made a table cloth from an old sheet I found then I sewed an old doilie in the middle. Ruby is in love with it, as we have a 2 story place most of her toys are down stairs. But I am wanting to make her room more of a place for her to play when I am sewing. So this was a great addition to her room, and perfect for her tea sets.

 Its the perfect height for her to stand at
 Her room has changed a bit since being born
 I made a mattress, sheet and pillow for the bassinet from thrifted material
 This is my old cabbage patch kid, she is getting loved all over again.
My sewing projects are now getting a good work out now.

I love a vintage kids room

Em xx

7 comments:

  1. oh yum, doughnut & a coffee for me please Ruby!

    Great job! Nice tea table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma
    Nice to find your sweet blog, my daughter Amelie would love to be at that tea party :-) what a nice room you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest little tea party table..love the cloth you made, it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's just perfect, my girls (and me) would love to play with all these delights! Love those doughnuts too, mmm x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! And a lovely space too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her room is so sweet and so are you oppy finds. Loving you sewn tea party too. Clever Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantastic! :) I love what you have done with the table and bassinet... and I think I might just have the same vintage sheet print in my stash! :D Did you make the play food yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...