Friday, June 15, 2012

Little pillow

I have been a bit quiet on Blogging this week as my lovely man has been working from home and using the computer, and then in the evening I don't feel like doing it much. But today I thought I would sneak a post in quickly.
On Monday we spent a cosy day in upstairs with the heating on sewing, playing and typing. I was sewing, I was playing around with my scrappy quilt with adding more to it and then making a little pillow for Ruby's dolly. I was trying out some embroidery, making a Miffy and some mushrooms. I also made some washi like tape as I just liked it.


 I decided to also make a new cushion cover with one of my vintage sheets, a little used before the photo was taken.
 I backed the little one with the same sheet,
 So, I was reading my new copy of Mollie Makes. On one page they had an article on the Willesden Green New Windows Project. I got a bit sentimental as it is where we used to live when we were living in London. We lived in Willesden Green and Cricklewood in 2009/2010 and it is where we discovered we where expecting our little Ruby. It is a great project as there was nothing there but it was a lovely area. We loved our little place but there wasn't much in the area, so we always had to jump on a bus or the tube to get a coffee or look around the shops. I just wish it was done sooner so I could have enjoyed it.
Then the very next page there was Selina Lakes book launch in Spitalfields. And thought it was funny as it was on the next page as it is where I used to work. So on 2 pages was where I used to live and work. I loved Spitalfields as I had to get a transfer in my job and could choose between St Johns Wood or Spitalfields. And do you know why I chose Spitalfields? no:1 I could buy a coffee no:2 there where markets there everyday.
Have a lovely weekend
Em xx

2 comments:

  1. What a cute wee pillow! Your embroidery is beautiful. I bet your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the pillow turned out! I agree, your embroidery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...