Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mug Rugs

Has anyone else found themselves on Pinterest looking up mug rugs? I have, it was on Monday night and maybe it was for a bit too long. I had to give them a go and found them to be another great way to use up scraps. I made two for us as we like to have a cup of tea and a biscuit in the evening (a bit different to how we used to spend an evening). They are quick to make and I really love them, I think I might start gifting them too.
I used the left overs from my quilts that I just made recently, they are his and hers ones.

 I sewed vertical lines to quilt them.


 I really like the back of them too.
 I also made another plastic purse, this one is a bit different.
 I am trying some different designs 

Ruby is going through a bit of a phase where she is now only wanting to wear the the same sloopy joe all the time and not her cardigans. So I bought her a cheap sloppy joe and sewed this cute dog onto. She loves the buttons and also loves dogs, so now she has two jumpers she likes to wear.

Em xx

Other creative projects can be found here and here


2 comments:

  1. Love the mug rugs! Great idea to have 'his' and 'hers'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little dog on the top!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...