Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pink Ombre Cake

I made up my mind that I was going to make this cake for Ruby's Birthday. I then proceeded to have nightmare dreams about cakes. I had already made cupcakes for her birthday then banana muffins for a mini mothers group party so I was all baked out. But I decided I would do it, and I am glad I did. I studied Retro mummy's how to here. I think next time I would buy another cake tin ( I only had one tin and baked 4 times), trim the edges as I can see the cake through the icing and put more icing in between each cake. There was a couple of small uncooked bits in the cakes I found when leveling the cakes, but I got over it and you couldn't even tell. I did enjoy the cutting, I didn't tell anyone what was inside.



But most of all it was just yum, and Ruby loved it. She kept telling everyone "mummy make cake". I also loved that my great Aunty knows me well asking "was the cake stand from the Salvo's?" and yes it was, $3 and it was the perfect stand for it too.

Em xx

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...