Monday, January 9, 2017

Hello again


Before I get started I had to check the last time I blogged, it was a year and a half ago! and now I'm trying to think about what has happened in that time, and then I realised quite a lot has happened in this time. So many reasons why I stopped blogging, so many life changes and reasons why I decided not to bother even opening up Blogger.

This year I might have some new big changes with our little tribe of 4, things I would like to start sharing. Things I'm quite excited and scared about, things that are constantly running around my head that I would like to write out, but first I'll do a little recap of the past year and a half.




Its the school holidays in Australia, my first lot of summer school holidays, its hot and we are inside with the air con on. Last year my eldest Ruby started Kindergarten, crazy! I think back to when I started this blog, I was eagerly waiting for her to make her debut on the world, and I began documenting my craft projects as a way of filling in time and showing anyone that read this little blog the things I had lovingly made.


Ruby is now 6 she is a confident little girl, she is a beautiful big sister and caring friend. She has loved the new and exciting world of being at school. She loved her teacher and made loads of friends and was invited to so many parties. Each day she would learn something new and eagerly tell us about it with such enthusiasm, and inform us about the games she played with her new friends. A year of school has passed by so quickly, and before we know it she will be starting year 1, back to school which I can tell she is missing.

Before Ruby started school, she had to do a head start program for 4 weeks. Going to school on a Friday morning and meeting her teachers and doing some work in her future classrooms, meeting new friends who have since become her close friends. This was meant to be a happy and exciting time, but unfortunately it was a horrible time and the lowest of my life. I wont go into to much detail, but at the same time I was taking my daughter to school, I was back and forth at the hospital as my Mum had terminal cancer and in those 4 weeks of school my Mum passed and a funeral was arranged and had. It was so hard being 2 different people, the proud Mum on the outside and a heart broken daughter on the inside. 

We knew the day was coming but I have to admit I didn't think it would actually happen. Mum had been a fighter for decades, so many different forms of cancer came and she fort them hard. But it all became to much and she didn't even get to see Ruby in her uniform. Having this happen has really made an impact on me as a person, in different ways, ways you don't even realise. My brother and sister and I really united together, we all took it in turns going to the hospital and being with Mum, our relationship is strong and we have really banded together since. 

2016 has been a strange experince ever since, Mum passed in the November and the new year saw us all continue on with a lives, and with us all having a gaping big hole that really couldn't be filled and that constant feeling of a piece of our puzzle forever missing. 


Family life, lets make it happy again. My partner Chris and I have been together 10 years now. He really is the best, the best partner and the best Dad. Ruby is now 6 and a half and my little Olive is 3 and a half. 2016 saw Olive and I spend lots of one on one time together, having coffee dates, play dates and fun. Olive is my little independent girl. She can sit and play with anything for ages, she has an amazing imagination and creativity. It was so great having her to myself, we had a great year together and this year she is off to preschool for the first time, I loved our time together but I feel she needs the extra social interactions that being at home with me just doesn't have.  




To market, to market.
This year saw me have my second year on the market scene, I'm so happy with what I've made this year and the positive feedback I've received. I will be doing some future Blog posts on this, and posting some photos and thoughts on this.

So this is the most basic of run downs I can give, I may refer back to this in future posts, YES future posts, I'm really going to make a go of it this year. I'm so looking forward to what I will be writing about in December this year, I'm really looking forward to 2017. 

Thanks for stopping by

Em xx




1 comment:

  1. It is so lovely to see you here in this space. Your girls are so delightful and growing so fast. I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, my father passed away a year ago and it still makes me so sad.

    Blessing to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...